Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
- Sports & Outdoors
Eat & Drink
Try to conquer them all, if you dare.
1. Take a private tasting tour of Oakland’s Blue Bottle Coffee factory.
3. Upgrade your Fox Theater experience with a “Telegraph Room” VIP pass.
4. Stop and smell the tulips at the Mountain View Cemetery Tulip Festival.
6. Indulge in a variety of Dim Sum at Shan Dong in Chinatown.
7. Brew and bottle your own beer at Diving Dog Brewhouse.
8. Spend an afternoon trotting in the Oakland Hills on horseback.
9. Dine at Oakland’s very own Michelin Starred restaurant, Commis.
10. Sample food truck treats and see the latest exhibits at Oakland Museum of California’s Off the Grid each Friday.
11. Visit a farmers’ market for fresh produce and prime people watching.
12. Witness the Mighty Wurlitzer before a Saturday evening film at the Grand Lake Theater.
13. Warm up with a round of bocce ball at Make Westing before a night out on The Town.
14. Channel vintage vibes while shopping at Pretty Penny on College Avenue in Rockridge.
15. Get a classic straight razor shave at the Temescal Alley Barbershop.
16. Kick off the Summer with Summer Solstice or see Jazz at the Chimes year-round at Chapel of the Chimes.
17. Chat with the locals as you sip a delicious fresh-squeezed greyhound from Cafe Van Kleef.
18. Show your LGBT pride at the Oakland Pride Festival, the second largest in Northern California.
19. Fly through the sky at the Trapeze Arts circus school.
20. Tap into your inner coffee aficionado at the Peerless Coffee Museum.
21. Spend the night under the stars at Chabot Space and Science Center.
22. Stroll through the beautiful maze of roses at Morcom Amphitheatre of Roses.
23. Play with fire at The Crucible, Oakland’s own industrial arts school.
24. Walk the labyrinth at Sibley Volcanic Preserve in the Oakland Hills.
25. Explore the Secret Stairs of the East Bay as you wander through the city.
26. Sample great wines and get some exercise by joining a cycling trip with East Bay Winery Bike Tours.
27 Enjoy architectural greats on an Oakland walking tour, including the Cathedral of Christ the Light along Lake Merritt.
28. Travel presidential style with a cruise on the USS Potomac.
29. Captain a kayak on the Oakland Estuary and paddle over to Oakland’s new beer garden, Brotzeit.
30. Rent a bike at Bay Area Bikes and join the East Bay Bike Party each month.
31. Stop by plank in Jack London Square for their spacious beer garden, bocce courts, and bowling/arcade options.
32. Follow Jack London’s footsteps by stopping into Heinold’s First & Last Chance Saloon for a beverage.
33. Bask in the sun or take a swim at Lake Temescal.
34. Bring your kids to Children’s Fairyland, or leave them at home for the featured “grownups” events.
35. Mingle with the monkeys at the expansive Oakland Zoo.
36. Do the Bernie Lean at an Oakland A’s game at O.co Coliseum.
37. Treat yourself to a show at the iconic Paramount Theatre of the Arts.
38. Learn to juggle at the Kinetic Arts Center.
39. Charter a yacht at Passage Nautical in Jack London Square.
40. Listen to live music almost every night of the week at Yoshi’s Jazz Club Oakland.
41. Show your Oakland pride by sporting your favorite Oaklandish apparel.
42. Venture into the Black Hole at an Oakland Raiders game at O.co Coliseum.
43. Indulge in cheesy goodness at Oakland’s own mac n’ cheese restaurant, Homeroom.
44. Whoop it up with the Black Cowboys in the annual Black Cowboys Parade.
45. Bring a couple friends to Calavera in The Hive Oakland for tequila tasting.
46. Catch the iconic cranes in action at Middle Harbor Shoreline Park in West Oakland.
47. Pretend you’re a “Shark” at the Oakland Ice Center, the practice facility for the San Jose team.
48. Cruise on an authentic Italian gondola at Lake Merritt, or choose to rent your own watercraft.
49. Write your own future with custom fortunes at a cookie factory tour in Chinatown.
50. View the Uptown art galleries during Saturday Stroll each week.
51. Pay a visit to the Remember Them bronze statue in Uptown, honoring our champions of humanity.
52. Put on your cowboy hat and polish your boots for a night of line dancing at Overland Country Bar and Restaurant.
53. Ring in the New Year at the Lunar New Year Bazaar.
54. Cruise the Bay as you travel to and from Oakland and San Francisco via the ferry.
55. Retrace Amelia Earhart’s flight route at the Oakland Aviation Museum.
56. Shop ‘til you drop along Piedmont Avenue.
57. Enjoy the sounds of music at Woodminster Amphitheatre.
58. Groove with the sounds at Art & Soul Oakland, voted one of the best festivals in Northern California.
59. Cozy up on a couch with a beverage as you watch a film at The New Parkway theater.
60. Become an actor for the day with Oakland’s Pan Theater improv group.
61. Lace up your running shoes for the annual Oakland Running Festival.
62. Enjoy the outdoor festivities in Jack London Square: Dancing Under the Stars, Jack’s Night Market, & more!
63. Take a unique sightseeing tour of Oakland on top of a segway with Segway of Oakland.
64. Catch a flick or view a mesmerizing performance by BANDALOOP outdoors on the Great Wall of Oakland.
65. Stroll down Temescal Alley for a sampling of Oakland’s hip and happening creative shops.
66. Keep your eyes peeled for the next music performance at Oracle Arena.
67. Track down your ancestors at the Mormon Temple.
68. Keep rooting for the Golden State Warriors to win another championship!
69. Honor black history at the African American Museum and Library of Oakland.
70. Engage in a food-focused workshop at the Eat Real Festival.
71. Savor some souvlaki at the annual Oakland Greek Festival.
72. Walk along College Avenue in Rockridge after collecting wine, cheese, and other gourmet goodies from Market Hall.
73. Munch on their famous chicken sandwich on top of an ironing board at Bakesale Betty.
74. Identify birds at Lake Merritt’s Rotary Nature Center, the country’s oldest wildlife refuge.
75. Stuff your face with tacos from the walk-up food truck Taco Sinaloa in Fruitvale.
76. Bring the family to an Easter Egg Hunt at the historic Dunsmuir Estate.
77. Bite into a gourmet doughnut filled with naughty cream from Doughnut Dolly.
79. Visit Oakland’s architectural past at Preservation Park.
80. Take an evening drive along Skyline Boulevard for an amazing view of the sun setting over the Bay.
81. Enjoy sips of wines by Oakland wineries on Oakland’s Urban Wine Trail.
82. Join the Classical Revolution each week at Awaken Cafe.
83. Watch an inspiring performance by the renowned AXIS Dance Company, including performers with and without disabilities.
84. Honor the history of our local ancestors at Peralta Hacienda Historical Park.
85. Take a class or enjoy a concert at Piedmont Piano Company.
86. Enjoy cocktails al fresco along the dock at Lake Chalet on Lake Merritt.
87. Stuff your face at Home of Chicken and Waffles in Jack London Square. Trust us, it’s hella good.
88. Dine down with your sweetie at Pizzaiolo in Temescal for a romantic dinner outing.
89. Test your balance with a stand up paddleboard lesson at California Canoe and Kayak.
90. Try your hand at rock climbing at the Great Western Power Company climbing gym.
91. Celebrate the Day of the Dead at the Fruitvale’s Annual Dia de los Muertos Festival.
92. Get lost in the extensive beer offering at Lost & Found on Telegraph.
96. Tour the Hodo Soy Beanery and witness the tofu masters at work.
97. Enjoy a moment of peace at the Kaiser Rooftop Garden downtown.
98. Learn the art of fruit and vegetable carving or a variety of cultural dance at the Oakland Asian Cultural Center.