Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Women-owned in Oakland
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Oakland Triathlon
- Hiero Day
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Black Restaurant Week
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Oakland From Home
When planning an event or conference in Oakland, you can rely on the experience and support of our sales and services team. We offer an abundance of services and materials to ensure that your meeting is a success.
Local Venues, Restaurants, Attractions and Suppliers
Whether you're planning an event for 20 or 20,000, the Visit Oakland sales and services team will help you find the perfect venue(s), suppliers and transportation providers to meet your every need.
Assist with Virtual Site Tours
Our sales and services team can coordinate with hotels and other sites to facilitate and assist with virtual site tours.
Hotel And Site Selection
Our sales and services team is happy to assist with escorted site inspections, site selection, hotel availability and distribution of group leads to partner hotels in Oakland. For meetings and incentive groups, the team will coordinate and offer complimentary personal assistance with site inspection and research.
Overflow Services For Conventions
Visit Oakland offers overflow services for conventions that specialize in booking and tracking hotel rooms after cutoff dates.
Connections to Agencies
Visit Oakland also has connections to the City of Oakland, local chambers and other public agencies.
Letters & Invites
Visit Oakland can help acquire letters and speaker requests for the mayor, city council members and other government officials.
Oakland's public and private spheres work well together so street closures are less complicated and more affordable than most major cities.
Extra Care on the Ground
Oakland Improvement District Ambassadors work to ensure the cleanliness of our public spaces, engage with visitors and sidewalk level businesses alike to enhance the pedestrian experience, and provide information and directions when needed. Visit Oakland can help arrange for these ambassadors be present at or around your event.
Pre and Post-Conference Recommendations
Visit Oakland can provide referrals and recommendations for pre and post-conference activities, tours and local events.
Tools for Promoting Your Meeting
Looking to show your meeting delegates why they should attend your Oakland event?
- We can provide you with promotional videos, brochures and Oakland’s Inspiration Guide.
- We can also provide access to photography for marketing materials and official logo files.
- We can build custom, curated maps to guide meeting delegates to the best places to eat & drink within walking distance of their hotel.
- Browse these suggested articles to share with your meeting attendees.
- If you need more assistance in building excitement for Oakland, our destination experts are available to answer questions and help build attendance.
Onsite Event Support
VIP Welcome Amenity
Amenity and quantity determined by group size.
We can offer complimentary lanyards to groups of any size.
Assistance Staffing the Information Desk
Your attendees will find access to maps, restaurant menus, Visitor Guides, and sightseeing options at a staffed Information Desk at the Oakland Convention Center. This on-site service is available on a complimentary basis to conventions with 1,000 or more delegates. The Welcome Booth can also be available to groups with fewer than 1,000 attendees for a nominal fee.
If you are interested in getting additional exposure for your event, we can distribute your brochure at the Oakland Visitor Center.