Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Oakland Triathlon
- Hiero Weekend
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Oakland From Home
Let us be your guide
Just 12 minutes from San Francisco, Oakland offers a cutting edge art and music scene, hip international dining experience, world-class sports teams and more. For tour operators, wholesalers and travel professionals, Oakland is the solution to planning an idealistic Northern California experience.
And we can help! We’re proud and passionate about Oakland and we love showing it off. Give our team a few minutes to share our Oakland insight and soon, you too will be singing the city’s praises. Whether you need a rate quote from a hotel, help building an itinerary or planning tools, we’re here to assist with your needs.
Use the tools in this section to help plan a program that’s right for your domestic, international groups and FIT customers. Or, feel free to contact us directly.
Oakland Quick Facts
- Ten miles east of San Francisco, Oakland is accessible by the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, ferry service, buses, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit), and Amtrak.
- Oakland has been deemed as the “Sunny Side of the Bay,” home to some of the best weather in the country with an average of 260 sunny days per year.
- As the eighth largest city in California, Oakland has a population of approximately 400,000.
- Oakland boasts 19 miles of coastline and more than 100,000 acres of parks and trails.
- Oakland is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the United States, with more than 125 different languages and dialects spoken.
- Attractions within the city limits include the African American Museum & Library, Chabot Space & Science Center, Children’s Fairyland, Oakland Aviation Museum, Oakland Museum of California, Oakland Zoo, and the USS Potomac.
- Lake Merritt, the “Jewel of Oakland,” is an urban lake in the middle of the city, one of the largest of its kind (a mix of salt and freshwater).
- The Oakland Athletics (baseball) team is rooted in Oakland.
- The city is home to three renovated Art Deco-inspired theaters: The Fox Theater, influenced by Middle Eastern and Moroccan architecture; The Paramount Theatre in Uptown Oakland; and the Grand Lake Theater near Lake Merritt.
- Oakland offers over 5,000 hotel rooms, ranging from resorts to economy. Properties are located along the waterfront, near the airport, the Oakland Hills and throughout downtown.
- The Oakland Convention Center offers 64,000 square feet of convention and meeting space, in addition to the 25,000 square feet of event space at the adjoining Oakland Marriott City Center.