Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Women-owned in Oakland
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Museum White Elephant Sale
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Hiero Day
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Black Restaurant Week
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Taste of Temescal
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Oakland From Home
Visit Oakland's Event Calendar Guidelines
- Visit Oakland’s event calendar is primarily arts, entertainment and culture focused, appealing to both locals and visitors.
- Events must occur within Oakland city limits
- Events must be open to the public and of interest to potential visitors.
- Meetings, most fundraisers and membership-only events will not be listed.
- Currently we are unable to list classes and educational workshops.
Listings are free and inclusion is up to the discretion of Visit Oakland.
Events that are unlikely to be approved include (but are not limited to):
- Fundraisers (Galas, Walks & Runs, Golf Tournaments, etc.)
- Religiously-Focused Ceremonies or Functions
- Political Events
- Business and/or Networking Events (including trade shows)
- Some Seminars, Lectures and Workshops
- Book Club Meetings or Book Signings
- Business Grand Openings
- Deals, Discounts, Coupons or Promotions for Businesses
Submit Online with the form below
Be sure your event stands out:
- Include a detailed description of the event and any important details
- Provide a promotional image from the event
- High-resolution images are preferred, cropped at a 1:1 ratio if possible - think square (we recommend 600 pixels). Note: if the image is not at this ratio or a similar one, it will be cropped automatically and visitors may miss out on your full image
- Flyers and graphics are not ideal, unless presented in the preferred ratio
- Select the most appropriate event categories (you can select more than one!)
Once your event is submitted, it will be reviewed to ensure that it meets the above guidelines prior to being posted on the website. Visit Oakland staff reviews submissions and reserves the right to approve or deny events at its own discretion. Please note that there is a data publishing process and events will not appear in the calendar immediately. Please allow up to one week for your submission to be published.
Additionally, by submitting imagery, you acknowledge that you are authorized to use the image for promotional purposes.
Should your listing need to be updated in any way (or if you have any questions), please email email@example.com.