Old Oakland was the central depot for the first Transcontinental railway linking California to the eastern states in the late 1860s. This area was where visitors stayed when they traveled on the railroad, and it offered hotels, restaurants, barber shops, drug stores and other services for travelers.
Old Oakland Farmers’ Market
Held every Friday year-around in Old Oakland, offering seasonal produce, farm-fresh goods, condiments and more.
Old Oakland Walking Tour
Free Old Oakland walking tour exploring the neighborhoods history and architecture.
Visit Oakland Downtown Visitor Center
We now have a new Visitor Center on 13th Street and is open Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm. Come with questions and a curiosity for everything Oakland has to offer, and say hi to our knowledgeable staff members.
472 9th St, Oakland, CA 94607
A bright sleek space with rotating art exhibits from local artists.
Eat & Drink
Annapurna Restaurant & Bar
948 Clay St, Oakland, CA 94607
Spacious spot for spicy Nepalese and Indian classics served in ornate environs with an old-world feel.
499 9th St, Oakland, CA 94607
Wood fired pizza, house made pasta, antipasti and salads, with a full bar.
1015 Clay Street
Mexican taqueria and cantina offering lunch and dinner.
1007 Clay Street
Vietnamese eatery offering classic dishes and noodle soups in a spacious, airy setting.
Galeto Brazillian Steakhouse
1019 Clay Street
Classic Brazilian steakhouse in a sprawling space.
821 Washington Street
Historic grocery store offering imported Italian food and gifts plus a deli with outdoor seating.
Yammy’s Cafe & Deli
542 9th St. Suite B, Oakland, CA, 94607
Ethiopian cafe serving featured delicacies and freshly baked injera.
Swan's Market - 100-year old market offering various fantastic Oakland restaurants and food shops.
- B-Dama: Japanese favorites offered within Swan’s Market.
- Cosecha: Bustling Mexican café serving local fare and house-made tortillas.
- Deep Roots Oakland: Industrial-chic nook within Swan’s Market, serving cocktails, wine and local beer.
- Miss Ollie’s: Counter-serve café with a menu of Caribbean soul food, picnic tables, colorful décor and island vibes.
- Delage: Japanese bistro, with upscale omakase-style sushi and drinks.
- Rosamunde Sausage Grill: Pairing house-made sausages with craft beer.
- Super Juiced: Bright, contemporary to-go spot serving organic juices, superfood smoothies, nut milks and hot tea.
- The Cook and Her Farmer: Californian cuisine and wine with a seasonal and local emphasis.
- Taylor's Sausage: Freshly made, preservative-free sausages.
- Sincere Seafood: Full-service, reasonably priced fish counter.
517 8th St, Oakland, CA 94607
Ice cream parlor and cookie bar bakery dishing up an array of flavors
1444 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
Lifestyle apparel brand spreading “local love.”
Marshawn Lynch’s clothing store, selling sweats, hoodies and tees for men, women & kids.
494 9th Street
Hip men’s store with brand-name streetwear along with licensed team hats, jerseys & accessories.
515 9th Street
Shop offering jewelry from independent designer alongside fragrances and artwork.
Oakland Flower Market
821 Jefferson St, Oakland, CA 94607
Flowers, vases, and tools.
827 Washington Street
Offering extensive whiskey and wine, and small plates in a modern space.
736 Washington Street
Urban sports bar serving New American pub snacks and drinks.
Liege Spirits Lounge
481 9th Street
Offering cocktails and small plates with a chill vibe.
811 Washington Street
Cocktail lounge and event space with a bar, modern décor, DJ beats and happy hour.
722-730 Clay Street
Oeste is a 90 seat bar, rooftop bar, (yes, rooftop!) and cafe located in the heart of one of Oakland’s hottest and growing neighborhoods.
1517 Franklin St, Oakland, CA 94612
Unpretentious hangout offering signature cocktails and regular live bands.
460 8th Street
Offering Belgian and specialty beer, plus meat and cheese plates in a Victorian building.