Old Oakland was the central depot for the first Transcontinental railway linking California to the eastern states in the late 1860s. This area was where visitors stayed when they traveled on the railroad, and it offered hotels, restaurants, barber shops, drug stores and other services for travelers.
Old Oakland Farmers’ Market
Held every Friday year-around in Old Oakland, offering seasonal produce, farm-fresh goods, condiments and more.
Old Oakland Walking Tour
Free Old Oakland walking tour exploring the neighborhoods history and architecture.
Eat & Drink
1015 Clay Street
Mexican taqueria and cantina offering lunch and dinner.
Galeto Brazillian Steakhouse
1019 Clay Street
Classic Brazilian steakhouse in a sprawling space.
1007 Clay Street
Vietnamese eatery offering classic dishes and noodle soups in a spacious, airy setting.
821 Washington Street
Historic grocery store offering imported Italian food and gifts plus a deli with outdoor seating.
468 8th Street
Trendy, upscale Mexican restaurant serving gourmet tapas and margaritas.
Swan's Market - 100-year old market offering various fantastic Oakland restaurants and food shops.
- B-Dama: Japanese favorites offered within Swan’s Market.
- Cosecha" Bustling Mexican café serving local fare and house-made tortillas.
- Deep Roots Oakland: Industrial-chic nook within Swan’s Market, serving cocktails, wine and local beer.
- Miss Ollie’s: Counter-serve café with a menu of Caribbean soul food, picnic tables, colorful décor and island vibes.
- Delage: Japanese bistro, with upscale omakase-style sushi and drinks.
- DESCO: Vintage style bistro in a historic space, serving Italian food with a focus on seasonal ingredients.
- Rosamunde Sausage Grill: Pairing house-made sausages with craft beer.
- Super Juiced: Bright, contemporary to-go spot serving organic juices, superfood smoothies, nut milks and hot tea.
- The Cook and Her Farmer: Californian cuisine and wine with a seasonal and local emphasis.
Marshawn Lynch’s clothing store, selling sweats, hoodies and tees for men, women & kids.
494 9th Street
Hip men’s store with brand-name streetwear along with licensed team hats, jerseys & accessories.
515 9th Street
Shop offering jewelry from independent designer alongside fragrances and artwork.
921 Washington Street
Retailer offering board games with a large event space for game nights and tournaments.
Maple Street Denim
465 9th Street
Down-to-earth boutique offering premium-label jeans for men and women, plus free hemming services.
Marion and Rose’s Workshop
461 9th Street
Chic, bright shop offering artisanal, American-made home goods, accessories, beauty products and gifts.
Oakland Flower Market
821 Jefferson Street
Selling flowers, vases, floral tools and more.
Owl N Wood
471 9th Street
Modern shop with a retro flair, offering vintage clothing, plus apparel by local designers.
722-730 Clay Street
Oeste is a 90 seat bar, rooftop bar, (yes, rooftop!) and cafe located in the heart of one of Oakland’s hottest and growing neighborhoods. At Oeste, we are committed to providing a warm, inviting and inclusive atmosphere, offering wonderful food for the soul and pouring the highest quality spirits, wines and beers.
827 Washington Street
Offering extensive whiskey and wine, and small plates in a modern space.
736 Washington Street
Urban sports bar serving New American pub snacks and drinks.
Liege Spirits Lounge
481 9th Street
Offering cocktails and small plates with a chill vibe.
811 Washington Street
Cocktail lounge and event space with a bar, modern décor, DJ beats and happy hour.
460 8th Street
Offering Belgian and specialty beer, plus meat and cheese plates in a Victorian building.