Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Oakland Triathlon
- Hiero Day
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Black Restaurant Week
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Oakland From Home
Updated: September 23, 2020
Required Face Coverings in Oakland
Alameda County also updated the Face Covering Order and states that going forward and for as long as this Order remains in effect, people must, unless an exception applies, wear a face covering when outside and when anyone else other than just members of their Social Bubble is within 30 feet (10 yards).
People must wear a face covering when in the workplace, when preparing food or other items for sale or distribution to people who are not members of their household or living unit. They may remove their face covering when eating or drinking if they are alone or with only members of their Social Bubble and nobody else is within six feet. A person who is alone or with only members of their household or living unit, is stationary in an outdoor area such as a park or patio, and is maintaining at least six feet of distance between them and the nearest people who do not live with them does not need to wear a Face Covering so long as they have one readily accessible.
This order includes certain exceptions:
- Children aged twelve years or younger are not required to wear a face covering and the Order recommends that any child aged two years or younger should not wear one because of the risk of suffocation.
- This Order does not apply to people who are in their own cars alone or with members of their own household.
Please visit the Alameda County Public Health Department website to review the full Order.
Reopening and Health Guidance
Official Public Health Resources
- See the John Hopkins University COVID-19 Dashboard for latest COVID-19 information from around the world.
- Click here for the latest update from the California Department of Health.
- Click here for the latest update from the World Health Organization.
- Read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Worker Safety and Support guidelines.
City and County Reopening Resources
- Learn about how Oakland International Airport will continue providing inbound and departing flights and has instituted a Resiliency Task Force to examine all aspects of the Airport’s management and operations, including minimizing the spread of COVID-19.
- Find County resources for businesses, including fillable social distancing protocol templates in multiple languages.
State Reopening Resources
- Learn about travel updates in California by checking out Visit California.
- Read the California State Government Industry Guidance.
- Read the California Public Health Officials provide COVID Update.
- Hoteliers: Read the Guidance for Hoteliers from the California Hotel & Lodging Association.
- Find industry-specific checklists.
National Reopening Resources
- Learn about the High-Level Travel Industry Guidelines.
- Restauranteurs: Read the Guide for Restauranteurs by the National Restaurant Association.
- Learn more about the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds Resources.
International Reopening Resources
Read the Best Practices for Retail Centers by the International Council for Shopping Centers: Retail Centers.
Small Business Resources
- Oakland Business Assistance Center
- Oakland Technical Assistance Program to Support Small Businesses
- Oakland COVID-19 Relief Fund
- California Restaurant Association Foundation Grants
- Restaurants Care
- Facebook Small Business Loans
- Google Support for Small Businesses
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loans
- Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund