Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
- Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Oakland Triathlon
- Hiero Weekend
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Last updated: March 26, 2020
Visit Oakland has the wellbeing of our community and visitors as our highest priority and we are committed to providing links to official information sources about the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Shelter In Place
Alameda County issued a ‘shelter in place’ order for its residents from March 17 to April 7 along with five other Bay Area counties to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and preserve critical health care capacity across the region. The ‘shelter in place’ order limits activity, travel, and business functions to only the most essential needs. For a full list of essential activities, please see Section 10 of the order.
Oakland's Open: Takeout & Delivery
To help support Oakland businesses operating with limited service during this time, the Oakland Chamber of Commerce created Oakland’s Open, a list of Oakland restaurants offering take-out and/or delivery; available retail businesses and services; and food services that are temporarily closed. Check out the list often for updates as they come. We encourage local businesses to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest details for inclusion.
Eater San Francisco offers a city-by-city list of restaurants that are providing take-out and delivery service and Oakland's list is at the beginning of the article. Berkeleyside also published a list of East Bay restaurants that are open as well.
If you're looking for other ways to help, consider purchasing a gift card for a later date, or donate one to an essential service worker. Save Our Faves provides the option to choose by food type and neighborhood.
Supporting Local Businesses
Oakland Indie Alliance, a community of over 300 small business entrepreneurs that aim to preserve Oakland's energy, variety, and social fabric, suggests ways to support small businesses directly during this time. Find out how you can support and donate to these businesses. If you're a small business in need of a website or digital support, check out this list of free skilled volunteers available.
Small Business Resources
- Oakland Business Assistance Center
- Oakland Chamber of Commerce Resources List
- Oakland COVID-19 Relief Fund
- SF Bay Area Virtual Tip Jar
- California Restaurant Association Foundation Grants
- Facebook Small Business Loans
- Emergency Funds for Freelancers, Creatives Losing Income During Coronavirus
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loans
Guidance and Health Resources
Alameda County and City of Oakland Updates
- Click here for updates from the Alameda County Public Health Department.
- Click here for updates from the City of Oakland.
Official Public Health Resources
- John Hopkins University COVID-19 Dashboard allows you to see the latest COVID-19 information from around the world.
- Click here for the latest update from the California Department of Health.
- Click here for the latest update from the World Health Organization.
Oakland International Airport Updates
Oakland International Airport and the Port of Oakland will remain operational despite an Alameda County shelter-in-place order. The Airport will continue with its daily schedule of inbound and departing flights, and will continue with an accelerated sanitization regimen at Oakland International Airport to protect travelers. Learn more here.
We will continue to share information as it becomes available and the situation evolves.
Be healthy and be safe.