Complete the registration form in full at official contest entry page by 5:00pm PST on 17.02.17 to be considered for the prize.
Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash
1. The promoter of the Contest is Oakland Convention & Visitors Bureau dba: Visit Oakland care of 481 Water St. Oakland California USA 94607 (the “Promoter”). By entering the Contest you acknowledge that TravelWeek will be assisting the Promoter by conducting, administering and providing support for the Contest. By submitting your photo you are agreeing to be contacted by us for marketing communications, future contests, offers and updates by the Promoter unless you opt out of receiving such marketing communications on the Contest entry form.
2. This Contest is open to employees working for a registered travel company who are legal residents of Canada, and be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. The following entities or persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: (i) Any employee or agent of the Promoter or TravelWeek and their immediate families and household members; (ii) any employee of any entity within the same corporate group as the Promoter or TravelWeek; (iii) any person who is, and any employee of any entity which is, involved in any way with the organization, management, promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including without limitation any persons or entities providing the Prize.
3. The Contest will be open for entries during the period from 10 am (GMT) on 16th January 2017 to 5 pm (GMT) on 17 February 2017.
4. Number of winners: There shall be one (1) Contest winner.
5. One (1) winner shall receive two roundtrip airline tickets for transit from Toronto or Vancouver airport to Melbourne Australia Airport departing Toronto or Vancouver on or about March 14 and returning to Toronto or Vancouver on or about March 21. The winner is responsible for their own transportation to/from Toronto or Vancouver to/from their residence. The one (1) winner shall also receive hotel accommodations of one hotel room for three consecutive nights commencing on the date of arrival. The one (1) winner shall also receive two (2) tickets to the scheduled concert by entertainer Adele performing in Melbourne Australia on 18 March 2017. The Prize shall be non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. If the Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize that the Promoter reasonably deems to be of at least the same value. The Prize does not include and/or cover any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements not expressly specified in the Prize description (“Ancillary Costs”). The winner is solely responsible for any and all Ancillary Costs and the Promoter is not liable to reimburse a winner for any Ancillary Costs they incur. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter will have no liability to the winner in relation to the Prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of the Prize if it is lost or stolen following delivery.
6. Maximum of one entry per person (“Entry Limit”).
7. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Contest. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Multiple email addresses will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Contest. The number of times an entrant may enter the Contest is restricted to the Entry Limit. Any entries made by an entrant in excess of the Entry Limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the Contest. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, in accordance with paragraph 13 below, any entries which, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, appear to be multiple (in violation of the Entry Limit), bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate and/or other group entries. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website and/or the Contest page on the Website and has no liability for any technical issues whatsoever encountered by entrants to the Contest.
8. Winner selection: The Promoter will select the winner by 5 pm (GMT) on 19 February 2017 from the pool of entrants who are eligible to be entered into the prize draw who will consist of all entrants who satisfy the eligibility requirements in paragraph 2, above, and the other rules, requirements and instructions set out in these terms and conditions and have not otherwise been disqualified from the Contest pursuant to these terms and conditions. The selection of the winner will be made by Promotor who shall select the photo that exhibits the greatest creativity. The selection of the photo exhibiting the greatest creativity shall be in the sole judgement of the Promotor. Provided that the Promoter complies with these terms and conditions and (where applicable) ensures that any independent selection process complies with these terms and conditions, the selection of the winner is final and binding and no correspondence relating to selection of any winner will be entered into by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter will notify the winner by 5 pm (GMT) on 20 February 2016. The winner will be notified directly on the email address or phone number used to enter the Contest.
10. Winners will have until 5 pm (GMT) on 23 February 2016 to respond to the Promoter’s notification (“Response Deadline”). Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners by the Response Deadline. If the any winner cannot be contacted, or a winner is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random
11. So far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
12. Please allow 3 days for delivery of the Prize from Response Deadline. Entrants must have a Canadian address that the Prize can be posted to. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the Prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
13. The Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entrant and/or any individual entry from the Contest without any liability on the Promoter’s part if (i) that entrant and/or entry fails to comply with these terms and conditions and/or the Contest requirements in any way and/or (ii) the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that that entrant has acted fraudulently, dishonestly, inappropriately and/or improperly in connection with the Contest. Without limitation, if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any entry has been generated by a script, software, macro or other automated means then the Promoter will be entitled to disqualify that entry and the relevant entrant in accordance with this paragraph. If a disqualified entrant is a winner, the Promoter has the right to deem the Prize forfeited and, if the Prize has already been delivered to the winner, the Promoter shall be entitled to recover the Prize from the winner at the winner’s cost.
14. Winners may be required by the Promoter to participate in publicity in connection with the Contest, their Prize and/or the Promoter and by entering the Contest all entrants agree that if they win the Contest they will, participate in and cooperate with the Promoter in connection with any publicity activity reasonably requested by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree that copyright in any publicity materials in which they and/or their details appear is the property of the Promoter and that the Promoter will be entitled to exploit such publicity materials in any and all media throughout the world in any manner it deems fit.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to publish in all media and to disclose to third parties any winners’ first name, surname and area of residence (“Winners’ Data”). The Winners’ Data can be obtained by sending a written request to the Registered Office marked for the attention of the Coloring Marketing Team, stating the name of the Contest and enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope.
16. All personal information about Contest entrants collected in connection with entering the Contest will only be used in accordance with the Promoter' and TravelWeek privacy policies for the following purposes: (i) to administer the Contest as set out in these terms and conditions, (ii) to select the winners, (iii) to arrange delivery of the Prize and (iv) for the purposes set out in paragraphs 14 and 15 above.
17. With regards to data protection, in addition to the use specified above by entering this promotion you agree that the Promoter and its group companies may use the details you give to TravelWeek to contact you about the Promoter’s products and services unless you opt out of receiving such marketing communications on the Contest entry form.
18. Additional restrictions may apply and the foregoing benefits are subject to change without notice.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and the Promoter and all entrants to the Contest submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian Courts.