Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
- Sports & Outdoors
- Tours & Experiences
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Oakland Triathlon
- Hiero Weekend
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Black Restaurant Week
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Meetings & Groups
Oct 12, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020
Oakland Museum of California
- Saturday, November 9 and Sunday, November 10: Various maker studios in Oakland will open their doors for Beyond Burning Man: Bay Area Open Studios where visitors can go behind the scenes and discover local sites where Burning Man art is created.
- Sunday, November 17: OMCA will host free Playa Pop-Up, including campus-wide activities led by Burning Man volunteers and artists that encourage visitor engagement, such as the creation of whimsical miniatures, explorations in playa-wear worn at Burning Man, and other workshops where visitors can experiment with dance, music, and radical self-expression.
- December 5: Experience No Spectators After Dark from 6-10 pm, including special late-night access to the exhibition, artist activations with special appearances by Burning Man artists, and light bites and drinks inside the gallery.
- Friday, November 8: A special Burning Man Block Party will take over OMCA's popular Friday Nights at OMCA, closing down the surrounding 10th and Oak Streets with interactive art cars from the Playa, fire dancing and flame demonstrations by The Crucible, a mass of marching bands and music, Off the Grid food trucks, and more, expanding across OMCA's gardens and entire campus.
- Saturday, December 7: Hear from artists and founders of Burning Man as part of OMCA's In Conversation speaker series, including a discussion about the art and creativity of Burning Man and what it takes to build a city in the dust.
- Saturday, January 11: A powerful conversation centered around the Burning Man principle of Radical Inclusion will feature Roberto Bedoya of the City of Oakland, Rachel McCrafty of Ace Monster Toys Makerspace, and others, discussing equity and inclusion for artists and creatives.
Top 5 Must Do Oakland Art Events during No Spectators
- Oakland Art Murmur First Friday Art Walk – join visual arts lovers like you at over 30 venues and art spaces launching new exhibitions and events the first Friday of each month. Starting at 6pm and running until 10pm venues and art spaces open their doors for free. Start your art adventure using Oakland Art Murmur interactive digital map to find venues near you and search by the type of art that interests you.
- Interactive Mural Map - Oakland is chock-full of public art murals. Find murals near you and find out about the artists who created them with the Interactive Mural Map.
- Join Oakland Art Murmur on October 19th for a guided walking tour of the Jingletown neighborhood and stay to join a neighborhood celebration and unveiling of a public art mural. If you can’t make a guided tour, Self-guided tours of Jingletown, Chinatown and Temescal neighborhoods are available on the Oakland Art Murmur website. Find out more information about the guided and self-guided Neighborhood Walking Tours.
- Oakland Originals ™ Speakers Series – on October 26th join us at The Crown, Royal Coffee as we have an intimate and interactive conversation with local artists. Find out more about the amazing diversity of the visual arts communities in Oakland. Details and tickets available at Oakland Art Murmur.
- Slow Art Saturdays™ - Turn off technology, slow down and take a deep, guided look at visual art in various galleries and venues throughout Oakland. Dates, times and locations can be found on the Oakland Art Murmur website.