Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
- Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Oakland Triathlon
- Hiero Weekend
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Try to conquer them all.
See the full list below!
2. Get a taste of Oakland’s foodie neighborhoods with Local Food Adventures.
3. Upgrade your Fox Theater experience with a “Telegraph Room” VIP pass. (Uptown)
4. Enjoy incredible Bay Area views from the top of Mountain View Cemetery (Piedmont)
5. Grab a local brew at Drake’s Dealership at The Hive Oakland for a fun night out.
6. Indulge in a variety of Dim Sum at Shan Dong in Chinatown.
7. Brew and bottle your own beer at Diving Dog Brewhouse.
8. Learn Oakland history during a free 90-minute walking tour guided by a City of Oakland official.
9. Dine at Oakland’s very own Michelin Starred restaurant, Commis.
10. Sample food truck treats and see the latest exhibits at Oakland Museum of California’s Off the Grid each Friday. (Lake Merritt)
11. Spend your weekends perusing produce at the Temescal and Grand Lake Farmers Markets.
12. Witness the Mighty Wurlitzer before a Saturday evening film at the Grand Lake Theater.
13. Warm up with a round of bocce ball at Make Westing before a night out on The Town.
14. Channel vintage vibes while shopping at Pretty Penny on College Avenue in Rockridge.
15. Show your LGBTQ+ pride at the Oakland Pride Festival, the second largest in Northern California.
16. Pamper yourself at the Claremont Club & Spa.
17. Chat with the locals as you sip a delicious fresh-squeezed greyhound from Cafe Van Kleef. (Downtown)
18. Get a classic straight razor shave at the Temescal Alley Barbershop.
19. Fly through the sky at Trapeze Arts circus school. (West Oakland)
20. Hike among giants as you stroll through Redwood Regional Park. (Oakland Hills)
21. Spend the night under the stars at Chabot Space and Science Center.
22. Stroll through the beautiful maze of roses at Morcom Amphitheatre of Roses. (Grand Lake)
23. Play with fire at The Crucible, Oakland’s own industrial arts school. (West Oakland)
24. Walk the labyrinth at Sibley Volcanic Preserve in the Oakland Hills.
25. Explore the Secret Stairs of the East Bay as you wander through the city.
26. Sample the best Oakland wines and get crafty at Wine & Design.
27. Enjoy architectural greats on an Oakland walking tour, including the Cathedral of Christ the Light along Lake Merritt.
28. Travel presidential style with a cruise on the USS Potomac, FDR’s “Floating White House”. (Jack London)
30. Rent a bike from one of the many FordGo Bike stations or Lakeview Bicycle Rentals and join the East Bay Bike Party each month.
31. Stop by plank! in Jack London Square for their spacious beer garden, bocce courts, and bowling/arcade options.
32. Follow Jack London’s footsteps by stopping into Heinold’s First & Last Chance Saloon for a beverage. (Jack London)
33. Bask in the sun or take a swim at Lake Temescal.
34. Want to see an inspiration for Disney’s “magic kingdom”? Bring your kids to Children’s Fairyland. (Lake Merritt)
35. Take a gondola ride with unparalleled views of the Bay Area up the hill at the Oakland Zoo to the new California Trail.
36. Do the Bernie Lean at an Oakland A’s game at O.co Coliseum. (East Oakland)
37. Catch a show at the iconic Paramount Theatre of the Arts. (Uptown)
38. Learn to juggle at the Kinetic Arts Center. (West Oakland)
39. Charter a yacht at Passage Nautical in Jack London Square.
40. Listen to live music at Yoshi’s Jazz Club Oakland. (Jack London)
42. Venture into the Black Hole at an Oakland Raiders game at O.co Coliseum. (East Oakland)
43. Indulge in cheesy goodness at Oakland’s own mac n’ cheese restaurant, Homeroom. (Temescal)
44. Be creative, be open, be present, be free at the Black Joy Parade. (Downtown)
45. Bring a couple friends to Calavera in The Hive Oakland for tequila tasting. (Uptown)
47. Pretend you’re a “Shark” at the Oakland Ice Center, the practice facility for the San Jose NHL team. (Uptown)
49. Search for the best dragon murals by Dragon School 99 in Chinatown.
51. Honor champions of humanity at the Remember Them bronze statues. (Uptown)
52. Shake your booty at the beat of live drums at SambaFunk! Sundays. (Downtown)
53. Ring in the New Year at the Lunar New Year Bazaar. (Chinatown)
54. Cruise the Bay as you travel to and from Oakland and San Francisco via the ferry.
55. Retrace Amelia Earhart’s flight route at the Oakland Aviation Museum. (Airport)
56. Get a specialty cocktail from one of Oakland’s LGBTQ+ hotspots, The Port Bar. (Downtown)
57. Enjoy the sounds of music and theater at Woodminster Amphitheatre. (Oakland Hills)
58. Celebrate the soul of Oakland’s diverse art scene during Oakland Art Month. (May)
59. Cozy up on a couch with food & drink as you watch a film at The New Parkway theater. (Uptown)
60. Drop if to the Junior Center for Art & Science to enjoy art activity rooms, animal-drawing areas, and exhibits. (Lake Merritt)
61. Lace up your running shoes for the annual Oakland Marathon & Running Festival.
62. Enjoy Jack London Square under the moonlight: Dancing Under the Stars, Jack’s Night Market, Movie Nights, & more!
63. Take a unique sightseeing tour of Oakland on top of a segway with Segway of Oakland.
64. Catch a flick or view a mesmerizing performance by BANDALOOP outdoors on the Great Wall of Oakland.
65. Stroll down Temescal Alley for a sampling of Oakland’s hip creative shops.
66. Keep your eyes peeled for the next music performance at Oracle Arena. (East Oakland)
67. Track down your ancestors at the Mormon Temple. (Oakland Hills)
68. Keep rooting for the Golden State Warriors to win another championship! (East Oakland)
69. Honor black history at the African American Museum and Library of Oakland. (Downtown)
70. Engage in a food-focused workshop at the Eat Real Festival.
71. Savor some souvlaki at the annual Oakland Greek Festival. (Oakland Hills)
72. Walk through Rockridge after collecting wine, cheese, and other gourmet goodies from Market Hall.
73. Munch on the famous fried chicken sandwich on top of an ironing board at Bakesale Betty. (Temescal)
74. Go birding at Lake Merritt’s Rotary Nature Center, the country’s oldest wildlife refuge.
76. Bring the family to an Easter Egg Hunt at the historic Dunsmuir Estate. (Oakland Gills)
77. Show off your chops while singing at Oakland’s piano bar, The Alley. (Grand Lake)
78. Relive a moment from the movie Up! With a cone at Fenton’s Creamery. (Piedmont Ave)
79. Visit Oakland’s architectural past at Preservation Park. (Old Oakland)
80. Take an evening drive along Skyline Boulevard for an amazing view of the sun setting over the Bay.
81. Enjoy sips of the finest East Bay wines on Oakland’s Urban Wine Trail.
82. Talking, knitting & thumb-wrestling encouraged at Awaken Cafe. (Downtown)
83. Watch an inspiring Axis Dance Company, who are changing the face of dance and disability. (Downtown)
84. Honor the history of our local ancestors at Peralta Hacienda Historical Park. (Fruitvale)
85. Pose in front of Visit Oakland’s Selfie Mural at the Oakland Marriott City Center. (Downtown)
86. Enjoy cocktails al fresco along the dock at Lake Chalet on Lake Merritt.
87. Stuff your face at Home of Chicken and Waffles in Jack London Square.
88. Dine down with your sweetie at Pizzaiolo in Temescal for a romantic dinner outing.
89. Test your balance with a stand up paddleboard lesson at California Canoe and Kayak. (Jack London)
90. Try your hand at rock climbing at the Great Western Power Company climbing gym. (Uptown)
91. Celebrate the Day of the Dead at the Fruitvale’s Annual Dia de los Muertos Festival.
92. Get lost in the extensive beer offering at Lost & Found on Telegraph. (Uptown)
96. Tour the Hodo Soy Beanery and witness the tofu masters at work. (West Oakland)
97. Enjoy a moment of peace at the Kaiser Rooftop Garden downtown.
98. Learn the art of fruit and vegetable carving or a variety of cultural dance at the Oakland Asian Cultural Center. (Chinatown)
99. Find a unique treasure at the Oakland Museum of California’s White Elephant Sale. (Lake Merritt)
100. Keep your eyes peeled for your favorite musician at The New Parish.