Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Holidays in Oakland
- Arts & Culture
- Family Fun
Oakland Cannabis Trail
- LGBTQ In Oakland
- Shopping & Leisure
Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Women-owned in Oakland
Food & Drink
Complete our 100 Things to Do List
Check out the full list of fun activities to do in Oakland so you and your family can start planning your visit! Please note, some event dates are subject to change.
1. Find a unique exhibit at the Oakland Museum of California (Lake Merritt)
2. Pop in to Hello Vintage for a blast from the past, and a new look to rock
3. Stroll down Temescal Alley for a sampling of Oakland’s hip creative shops
4. Celebrate the soul of Oakland’s diverse art scene all year long
5. Honor, and educate yourself on Black history at the African American Museum and Library (Downtown)
6. See the best dragon murals by Dragon School 99 on a walking tour in Chinatown
8. Honor the history of our local ancestors at Peralta Hacienda Historical Park (Fruitvale)
10. Witness the Mighty Wurlitzer Organ before a Saturday evening film at the Grand Lake Theater
11. Enjoy the sounds of music and theater with sweeping views of the bay at Woodminster Amphitheatre (Oakland Hills)
12. Celebrate Oaktoberfest and learn about the Dimond District’s rich German history
13. Learn the art of fruit and vegetable carving or a variety of cultural dance at the Oakland Asian Cultural Center (Chinatown)
14. Ring in the New Year at the Lunar New Year Bazaar in Chinatown
15. Tour the Hodo Soy Beanery and witness the tofu masters at work (West Oakland)
16. Play with fire at The Crucible, Oakland’s own industrial arts school (West Oakland)
17. Honor the champions of humanity at the Remember Them bronze statues (Uptown)
18. Become an actor for the day with Oakland’s Pan Theater improv group (Uptown)
19. Fly through the sky at the Trapeze Arts circus school (West Oakland)
20. Catch a show at the iconic Paramount Theatre of the Arts (Uptown)
21. Sing along to live piano and guitar music at The Alley (Grand Lake)
22. Learn about Hoover-Foster's multi-generational Black history by taking the Black Liberation Walking Tour
23. See your favorite music performances live at the Oakland Arena (East Oakland)
25. Relax in the age-old meditative tradition of Japanese wooden spoon carving
26. Visit Oakland’s architectural past at Preservation Park (Old Oakland)
27. Visit the permanent home of the oldest bonsai tree in the U.S. at the Bonsai Garden near Lake Merritt
28. Groove to live reggae, roots, and world music at The New Parish
29. Lace up and roller skate on the waterfront at Brooklyn Basin (Oakland Estuary)
30. Be delighted by an inspiration for Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Children’s Fairyland (Lake Merritt)
31. Mingle with the monkeys, and sit back for a gondola ride with a view of the expansive Oakland Zoo
34. Test your balance with a stand-up paddleboard lesson at California Canoe and Kayak (Jack London)
35. Spend the night under the stars at Chabot Space and Science Center
37. Retrace Amelia Earhart’s flight route at the Oakland Aviation Museum (Airport)
38. Write your own future with custom fortunes at a cookie factory tour in Chinatown
39. Discover the history of video games at The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (Piedmont)
40. Learn to juggle at the Kinetic Arts Center (West Oakland)
42. Stand with giants, and find some peace in the Redwood Regional Park
43. Walk the labyrinth at Sibley Volcanic Preserve in the Oakland Hills
44. Bird watch at Lake Merritt’s Rotary Nature Center, the country’s oldest wildlife refuge
45. Travel presidential style with a cruise on the USS Potomac, FDR’s “Floating White House” (Jack London)
46. Pose in front of Visit Oakland’s Selfie Mural at the Oakland Marriott City Center to commemorate your time in the Town!
48. Stroll through the beautiful maze of roses at Morcom Garden of Roses (Grand Lake)
49. Relish in a moment of peace on the Kaiser Rooftop Garden (Downtown)
50. Cruise the Bay as you travel to and from Oakland and San Francisco via the ferry
51. Savor some souvlaki at the annual Oakland Greek Festival (Oakland Hills)
52. Munch on food truck treats and see the latest exhibits at Oakland Museum of California’s Off the Grid event every Friday (Lake Merritt)
54. Enjoy the vibrant vegan food scene in Oakland and explore the Oakland Vegan Trail.
55. Eat your way through Oakland’s foodie neighborhoods with Local Food Adventures tours
56. Groove to live Jazz music while enjoying modern Japanese cuisine at Yoshi’s Jazz Club Oakland (Jack London)
59. Sip on the island drink with Oakland roots! Kick off your sandals, and grab a Mai Tai from The Kona Club
60. Enjoy regional Vietnamese dishes such as Bun Cha Hanoi at Tay Ho Oakland (Chinatown)
62. Start your Uptown bar-hopping adventure with a delicious fresh-squeezed greyhound from Cafe Van Kleef
63. Tap into your inner coffee and tea aficionado at the Peerless Coffee Museum (Jack London)
64. Grab a cocktail and draft beer in the funky Old West at Heinold’s First & Last Chance Saloon, where Jack London did some writing (Jack London)
65. Imbibe on a specialty cocktail (or two) from one of Oakland’s LGBTQ+ hotspots, The Port Bar (Downtown)
66. Get buzzing with a one of a kind coffee tasting at The Crown: Royal Coffee Lab & Tasting Room (Uptown)
68. Indulge in delicious vegan soul food at Souley Vegan (Jack London District) or Vegan Mob (Grand Lake)
69. Delight in cocktails al fresco along the dock at Lake Chalet on Lake Merritt
70. Stuff your face, and sip bottomless mimosas on the weekends at Home of Chicken and Waffles (Jack London)
71. Wine and dine with your sweetie at Pizzaiolo in Temescal for a romantic dinner outing
72. Enjoy a nice refreshing brew at Temescal Brewing, where they feature a different food truck every day to feed your inner beast
74. Indulge in the cheesy goodness of Oakland’s own Mac n Cheese restaurant, Homeroom (Temescal)
75. Fill up a crowler with the beer of your choice at West Oakland’s metal-themed brewery Ghost Town Brewing (West Oakland)
76. Trek the Oakland Ale Trail, and enjoy sips of the finest East Bay breweries
77. Bring a couple friends to Calavera on a Wednesday evening for a special menu celebrating the states of Mexico, and tequila tasting! (Uptown)
78. Pair the spices of East African cuisine with Ethiopian honey wine at Enssaro Ethiopian Restaurant (Adam’s Point)
79. Relish in some R&B, and pair wine selections with a spread of charcuterie and fruit during a Private Wine Tasting for R&B Lovers
80. Let your truest self shine at the Oakland PrideFest
81. Be creative, be open, be present, be free, and celebrate the Black experience and community at Black Joy Parade (Downtown)
82. Marvel at the Space Bears, murals honoring California’s extinct icon, the grizzly bear (Laurel)
83. Giddy up to the Black Cowboy Parade in October, and learn about the contributions of POCs in the settling of the West
84. Celebrate Happy Hour at Plank in Jack London Square for their spacious beer garden, bocce courts, and bowling/arcade
85. Celebrate the Day of the Dead at the Fruitvale’s Annual Dia de los Muertos Festival
86. Warm up with a round of bocce ball and cocktails at Make Westing
87. Get a classic straight razor shave at the Temescal Alley Barbershop
88. Cozy up on a couch with your favorite movie snacks and drinks at New Parkway Theater (Uptown)
89. Catch the iconic cranes in action at Middle Harbor Shoreline Park (West Oakland)
90. Picnic lakeside and then rent a paddle boat for two at the Lake Merritt Boating Center (Lake Merritt)
91. Try your hand at rock climbing at the Great Western Power Company climbing gym (Uptown)
92. Know every character from Rugrats? Can you sing along to the All That theme song? Throw it back to your favorite decade at the 90s Experience with colorful, Instagram-worthy interactive exhibits
93. Pick up wine, cheese, and other gourmet goodies from Market Hall, and then take a stroll through the Rockridge neighborhood
94. Every King and Queen needs a crown! Design your own flower crown at The Headdress Workshop (Jingletown)
95. Engage in a local, cultural exploration of the beautifully diverse Fruitvale neighborhood, located in East Oakland.
96. Take an evening drive along Skyline Boulevard for an amazing view of the sun setting over the Bay
97. Explore the Secret Stairs of the East Bay as you wander through the city
98. Soak in incredible Bay Area views from the top of Mountain View Cemetery (Piedmont)
99. Lace up your running shoes for the annual Oakland Marathon & Running Festival
100. Hangout on Telegraph Ave during Oakland's First Fridays and explore our creative community through arts, food, music and more! (KONO)
Try to conquer them all.
CoCo Noir Wine Shop Loyalty Program
Join our amazing Loyalty Program for free. Our loyal program offers our...
OAK Intl Park and Fly Special
When catching a flight out of Oakland International Airport, leave the...
Summer and Early Fall Discount Days at Children’s Fairyland
Children’s Fairyland will be offering Discount Days, a special group...
Enjoy Up to $300 in Resort Credits
STAY 3+ NIGHTS, RECEIVE A $300 RESORT CREDIT Retreat to Fairmont Spa,...
Gather in Oakland – 50% Off Additional Rooms
GATHER IN OAKLAND Whether you’re taking that annual trip with your...
Plan Ahead and Enjoy 20% Off
ADVANCE PURCHASE Plan ahead & save. Book your getaway to Claremont Club...
Suite Luxury – 15% Off plus Daily Breakfast for Two
From our Signature Bay View Suites to the unmatched Presidential Suite,...
Topgolf Swing Suite Package
Welcome to Oakland Marriott City Center Topgolf Swing Suite, your premier...
Your House Too Full for the Holidays?
Everyone wants to stay with you for the holidays? Nice to be so popular....
Holiday E-Gift Cards!
Looking for the perfect gift to give this Holiday Season, a E-gift card to...
Uptown Wine Club
Benefits of Wine the Uptown Wine Club Two Options! Monthly or Annual Join...