Oakland has become a foodie hot spot with restaurants popping up everywhere in The Town! As a part of California Restaurant Month, from January 11-21, over 100 participating Oakland restaurants will be providing customers with prix fixe menus at $20, $30, $40, and $50! Here are a few tips to get you started!
1. Get your steak craving fixed at Bourbon & Beef.
2. Clove & Hoof is a legit butchery/restaurant that serves a mean Cheesesteak.
3. Stop by Nido for traditionally inspired, seasonally driven, Mexican food.
4. Sip on some agua fresca and order some Mole Negro de Oaxaca at Agave Uptown.
5. Dine at alaMar for mouth-watering crustacean boils. Enjoy poke bowls, cajun tater tots, and house wine.
6. Come out to Bar Cesar for great food, awesome cocktails, chill atmosphere.
7. For an Italian kitchen and a full bar, make a reservation at Barlago.
8. Throw down on some Cheese Curds at Forge.
9. Dine at Lungomare while taking in the waterfront views from their patio area.
10. Chill fireside at Drake's Dealership's beer garden with pizza, beer, and friends.
11. Eve's Waterfront is your spot for fresh seafood, local meats, and organic produce.
12. Lin Jia has them pork buns though! An Oakland-based, family-style restaurant.
13. Panoramic Lake Merritt views from The Terrace Room with a solid 3 course ORW menu.
14. Servin' up Mediterranean bites, family style at A Cote.
15. Experience Dragon Gate Bar and Grill's Taiwanese/Hong Kong night life cuisine.
16. A16 Rockridge gathers inspiration from Italy's soulful and lively south.
17. Core Kitchen is the world's first produce-only eatery!
18. Hog's Apothecary won ORW15's Best Restaurant in Oakland Bracket competition.
19. You'll find an eclectic dining experience at Mua. Local artwork is featured every month and changes every First Friday.
20. The fried chicken is pretty damn bomb at Picán!
21. Blind Tiger offers pan-asian inspired tapas with plenty of TV's to cheer on The Warriors!
For a list of all participating restaurants, go to OaklandRestaurantWeek.org for details.
Brought to you by our Oakland Restaurant Week Sponsor:
Lungomare- Located in the heart of the Jack London Square waterfront district, Lungomare offers a menu complete with Italianate culinary stylings and a from-scratch farm-to-table mantra that’s taken as seriously as its European counterparts. Just minutes from Oakland’s busy downtown, Lungomare is a world away – outside, a large glass-paneled patio hosts a luxurious fire pit for comfortable marina watching. Inside, a full bar and lounge features handmade craft cocktails, Ligurian wines and custom brews from Oakland’s very own Linden Street Brewery. The menu showcases a spread of local fare from the Cinque Terre region of Italy – whole fish preparations and the occasional pig roast steal the show while house made pasta and ravioli are comforting classics that everyone can enjoy.