Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
- Sports & Outdoors
- Tours & Experiences
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Oakland Triathlon
- Hiero Day
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Meetings & Groups
Terms and Conditions – 2018 Summer Giveaway Contest
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN
1. Eligibility: Visit Oakland Summer Giveaways is open only to those who sign up at the online Giveaway Contest page on the Visit Oakland website. The Summer Giveaway Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Visit Oakland (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Summer Giveaway Contest. The Summer Giveaway Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Visit Oakland, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Summer Giveaway Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Summer Giveaway Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting June 24, 2018, 8:00 am and ends 11:59 on September 30, 2018. All entries are on Pacific Standard Time.
4. How to Enter: The Summer Giveaway Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Giveaway Contest site. The entry must fulfill all Summer Giveaway Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. This includes signing up for the Visit Oakland email newsletter. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Visit Oakland. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Visit Oakland. Multiple entries does not include the additional entries earned by sharing the contest as indicated on the entry page.
5. Prizes: Winners will have preselected their preference for one of the following prizes:
- 4 tickets to Oakland Zoo
- 4 one-hour rentals at California Canoe & Kayak
- 4 tickets to Chabot Space & Science Center
- 4 tickets to Oakland Museum of California
- 4 tickets (maximum value of $75 total) Oakland Athletics baseball game
- 4 tickets to Children’s Fairyland
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Visit Oakland to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Summer Giveaway Contest will be selected each week in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Summer Giveaway Contest following the winner selection. Visit Oakland shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Summer Giveaway Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SUMMER GIVEAWAY CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content you understand that Visit Oakland, anyone acting on behalf of Visit Oakland, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Summer Giveaway Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Visit Oakland reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Summer Giveaway Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Summer Giveaway Contest. In such case, Visit Oakland may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Visit Oakland. Visit Oakland reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Summer Giveaway Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Visit Oakland has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Summer Giveaway Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Summer Giveaway Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Summer Giveaway Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Visit Oakland reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Visit Oakland and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Summer Giveaway Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SUMMER GIVEAWAY CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Summer Giveaway Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Summer Giveaway Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Summer Giveaway Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.