Things To Do
- 100 Things To Do
- Arts & Culture
- Cannabis in Oakland
- Family Fun
- LGBTQ In Oakland
Shopping & Leisure
Sports & Outdoors
Tours & Experiences
- Women-owned in Oakland
- Calendar of Events
- Oakland First Friday Street Festival
- Oakland Restaurant Week
- A's Fanfest
- Chinatown Lunar New Year Bazaar
- Black Joy Parade
- Oakland Museum White Elephant Sale
- Oakland Running Festival
- Oakland Art Month
- Oakland Greek Festival
- Art & Soul Festival
- Laurel StreetFair World Music Festival
- Oaktown Half Marathon
- Chinatown Street Festival
- Hiero Day
- Oakland Pride Parade & Festival
- Eat Real Festival
- Oakland Cocktail Week
- Rolling Loud Music Festival
- Oaktoberfest in the Dimond
- Oakland Black Cowboy Parade
- Autumn Lights Festival
- Dia de los Muertos Festival
- Black Restaurant Week
- Graham Lustig’s The Nutcracker
- Taste of Temescal
- Submit an Event
Food & Drink
Oakland From Home
Travel and tourism are adjusting with the changing times, and destinations are focused more than ever on supporting their local economy in addition to welcoming curious visitors.
The L.O.V.E. (Leveraging Oakland's Visitor Economy) program prioritizes contributing to Oakland's local community and economy as a staple of equitable tourism. Small businesses, community organizations, and non-profits make up the fabric of our city, drive art and culture in our city, and inspire travelers to visit our city. We welcome visitors to be inspired when you visit Oakland, and in turn, feel motivated to give back.
How it Works
L.O.V.E. offers opportunities to engage with local organizations by doing activities, either with a group you're traveling with, or solo during your stay. Many activities are centered around affordable housing, arts and culture, city beautification, education, environment, health, homelessness, LGBTQ+, race and equity, re-entry for the formerly incarcerated, and women. Therefore, your contributions go directly to supporting our community.
We invite you to L.O.V.E. Oakland.
Choose Your Way to L.O.V.E. Oakland
Inspired to participate in Oakland?
Browse through the different activities and fill out the form below!
Organizations: add your activity by filing out the form below.
Need help? Check out our user guide!
Criteria for Participating Organizations
Activities should provide visitors with experiences that will positively impact Oakland’s community:
- Participants need to have direct involvement with the community
- Activities must be an act of service or include as component (painting a mural, street clean up, food distribution, graffiti removal)
- Activities must fall within the categories of the program (homelessness, youth, beautification, etc.)
- Organizations should focus on Oakland and either be city-based, or county-based with an Oakland location
L.O.V.E. Activity List
How Oakland Rebuilds
The Town is centered around community. Read more about the different ways our folks have banded together to make a difference.
Are you a volunteer or organization wanting to get involved but still have questions?
Visit Oakland is the liaison that connects incoming travelers (leisure, business, group) with Oakland non-profits and activities. Visit Oakland will not be held accountable for activity experiences and will not accept any payments on behalf of travelers.