Grand Lake Cultural Cuisine Food Tour
Grand Lake Cultural Cuisine Food Tour | Oakland | 2 hours | 4 stops
Enjoy a culinary tour de force without leaving Oakland! Sample the vast cultural diversity of the Grand Lake area, an urban mecca for global cuisine. Centered around the historic Grand Lake Theater, the area is known for its rich and eclectic influences and population. Our two-hour guided tour will include a walk around beautiful Lake Merritt as well as a trip around the world with samplings of some of the area’s best global dining.
Our Grand Lake Cultural Cuisine Tour is perfect for anyone who thinks they know “Oakland,” and contains hidden gems that may surprise even the most loyal local. Enjoy an opportunity to get off the beaten path while we explore the relaxed global vibe and culinary treats of the Grand Lake area.
- Visit four tasting locations with food tastings, including two sit-down dining spots, and demonstrations to highlight the area’s local ethnic diversity.
- Experience the best of both sides of Oakland—beautiful Lake Merritt as well as its urban center.
- Enjoy an Exclusive Tasting Guide with map and discounted offerings from our tasting locations.
- Savor locally-sourced Italian comfort food from a favorite neighborhood kitchen right on the banks of beautiful Lake Merritt.
- Taste the hand-prepared spices, blends and artisan seasonings from one of world’s best spice shops according to Food & Wine Magazine.
- Take a samba-filled tour for your mouth with a selection of sweet and savory bocadillos from the most authentic Cuban restaurant in the neighborhood.
- Let your taste buds dance with a traditional Parisian fluffy pastry from Oakland’s newest French patisserie.
*Tasting selections subject to change without notice
Advanced reservations are required. Private tours are also available.
For more information visit www.localfoodadventures.com or call 510-604-6546.
550 El Embarcadero