Get a taste of Fruitvale and support the small businesses that keep this neighborhood authentically Oakland.
PC: Instagram @elhuaracheazteca_1
Probaditas de Fruitvale
- Café Platano– Salvadoran and Mexican cuisine
- Emil’s Burger & Breakfast– Gourmet burgers and homemade style breakfast
- Obelisco– Authentic Mexican with organic fresh-to-order handmade corn tortillas
- Taqueria Reynoso– Mom and pop authentic Mexican restaurant
- El Huarache Azteca– Homemade and authentic cuisine from Mexico City
- El Taco Zamorano– Family owned and operated Mexican restaurant
- Rinconcito Chapin– Guatemalan and Salvadoran cuisine
- Otaez Mexican Restaurant– Authentic Mexican cuisine, ranging from chile rellenos to carnitas to pozole
- Powderface & Café– Beignets, coffee, and smoothies
- Mariscos La Costa– Taqueria fare with a specialty in seafood
- Hornitos Café– Mexican cuisine and homemade breakfast
PC: Café Platano
Pan Dulce & Coffee Shops
Enjoy a variety of pan dulce (Mexican sweet bread) from conchas, to galletas, orejas, to puerquitos. Oh the options!
PC: Instagram @dbaxterfoetoes
Find more fresh pan dulce to compliment a cup of coffee, and other Fruitvale restaurants here.
There are other ways to help your favorite mom-and-pop restaurant consider doing any of the following to show your support:
- Buy a gift card
- Shop local online
- Tip like a boss when you order to-go
- Provide a signal boost, and give a positive shout-out/review
- Join the Flavors of Fruitvale Facebook group
PC: Regal Arte Yelp
Browse the Fruitvale Business Directory to learn about local small businesses.
Other Ways to Enjoy Oakland From Home
There are plenty of ways to "visit" The Town without having to leave your humble abode. Watch Oakland-based flicks, make butterfly wings with Oakland-based artist, Favianna Rodriguez, do an Oakland jigsaw puzzle with a Sobre Mesa cocktail in hand!